Side Note: Husband, if you’re reading this looking for Christmas gift ideas, I have an entire Pinterest board dedicated to you. It’s called, “Christmas List Hint Hint Jesse“. Cuz’ I’m subtle like that.
Following the advice of my friend Ginny over at Modern Commonplace Book, if you want to save money on clothes, it’s a good idea to keep a list handy. Don’t decide you want something one day and go buy it– instead, save your pennies, watch for sales, and wait for the right one to come along.
A short list of what I’m on the lookout for:
1. A Moto Jacket: Maybe it’s my stylish teenage sister’s influence on me. Whatever youthful inspiration I may be channeling (after all, 27 years old isn’t too old, right?), I want one someday 🙂 Alas, this one from VS is $298, so it won’t be happening any time soon!
2. Some cute knitted boot socks! If I ever get my life together (being sick for 10 days really takes a toll on your to-do list!), I’ll make some boot cuffs using this tutorial from SITS.
3. OPI nailpolish: What color? All of them. Too much to ask for? Honestly, I’ve only bought nailpolish once or twice in the past 2-3 years. As a mom, this was my version of “letting myself go”. I haven’t been to a nail salon since I lived in TX! Thanks to Ginny’s, Lena’s and Kristen’s influence (c’mon, girls, how do you always have such pretty nails? 😉 ), I did go ahead and treat myself to one color this month.
When I tried to tell the husband about this great Christmas gift idea, you know what he said? “OPI? You mean, Oh-POO, right?” Le sigh.
4. A cute pair of ankle boots with a bit of edge: This one’s tough for me. All the cute ones in my price range look really uncomfortable. I trip when I’m wearing flats, so anything with a bit of heel is dangerous territory. Someday, I’ll have to tell the store of how I fell down a flight of stairs whilst 26 weeks preggo! It was scary.
These exact ones are out of stock now. Any advice?
5. Last but not least, as a teacher, I really want this bag 🙂
Any helpful advice? Links to cheaper (please?) moto jackets? I’d love to hear!
I’ve Got A Crush