Want a pizza that’s absolutely delish, AND is super healthy? Guilt free pizza! Let’s hear the people say YES.
2. Low in carbs, high in veggies
3. Vegan, yet tastes like it has cheese
4. Soy and canola oil free (vegan stuff usually has tofu and margarine)
5. Only about 10 minutes of prep.
This pizza is just as yummy as it looks. And I know you can cook it, because if I can, anyone can.
Let’s have a closeup, shall we?
2-3 Tomatoes (ours were garden fresh!)
1/2 Onion, diced
3.5 cups of Veggie Stock
1/2 head of Cauliflower
4 tbsp. of Almond Flour
4-5 Garlic cloves
Dried or Fresh Basil
2 tsp. of salt
1. Make the Polenta Crust. I used a round cake pan, but if you want it crispier use a pizza stone. Use 2 cups (about 1/2 of the round loaf they sell at Trader Joes) and 1/2 cup of veggie stock. Blend together with the salt in a food processor until throughly homogenized. Spread onto the pan or stone, and let it harden in the refrigerator for 30-40 minutes. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, drizzle olive oil on top, then bake for 45 minutes.
2. While the crust is baking, make the “alfredo” sauce. Boil 3 cups of veggie stock with the cauliflower for 20 minutes. When soft, transfer to food processor, combining it with the garlic cloves. Transfer to a bowl and mix with the almond flour.
3. While the cauliflower is boiling, grill the chopped onions in olive oil until soft. Add the mushrooms for the last 3 minutes.
4. When the crust is done baking, spread the “alfredo” mixture on top, then place the sliced tomatoes, mushrooms and onions. Sprinkle the entire thing with basil.
5. Cook for 20 more minutes. Then enjoy!!Related posts
Paleo Chicken “Fettucine” Alfredo
Vegan Creamy Power Pasta– dairy and gluten free!
Easy 10 minute Fall Stew
Vegan Gluten-Free Spinach Artichoke Pasta Recipe
Leave a Reply