I haven’t posted a recipe in a while, mostly due to the fact that our two new foster kids love all things microwaveable 😉 But Jesse and I still have our gluten free/vegan needs.
And Thai food? Not only is it amazing, but it’s God’s gift to vegans and gluten intolerants everywhere. They make almost everything with rice or rice noodles! And tofu, unlike all other kinds of soy and soy derivatives, doesn’t hurt my uber-sensitive tummy.
But Thai takeout can get pretty pricey, am I right? I kind of wish someone would package up one of those neighborhood hole-in-the-wall places and give it to me for Christmas.
This is our family’s tried and true Thai curry dish, and it only has 5 steps! Honestly, it’s so simple, you’ll never need to buy takeout curry again. This recipe is the base for many other curries, so you can start experimenting! Add pumpkin or squash! Try pineapple!
The Cone Family’s Favorite Thai Curry Recipe
1 clove of garlic
green curry paste
fish sauce (obviously, cut this out if you’re a true vegan)
1 16 oz. can of coconut milk
1/2 a package of tofu (or other meat of choice)
2-3 cups of rice
1. Put the rice into the cooker and let it steam while you make the tofu.
2. Grill the tofu separately, soaking the squares in paper towels for as long as you can beforehand (this is super important for tofu, as it gets soggy while frying if you don’t soak out all the moisture first).
3. Finely dice the garlic and shallot and grill/toast in medium saucepan for 2-3 minutes (until fragrant).
4. Add 1 tbsp. of green curry paste to the pan and stir for 1 minute.
5. Slowly add one can of coconut milk. Add 1 tbsp. of fish sauce. Simmer until it’s at a slow boil. Keep warm until the rice and tofu are done.
That’s it! Homemade curry for dinner in just 5 easy steps! Go and make this tomorrow, honestly. You’ll thank us later.
Recipe: Easy Pad Thai Quinoa Casserole
Thai Quinoa Casserole– Gluten and Dairy Free
Vegan Creamy Power Pasta– dairy and gluten free!