I promised it yesterday as part of my Trader Joe’s Shopping List for $100/week, and here it is!
This recipe is a creation of a few separate recipes we’ve used before, fused into one. It’s AH-MAY-ZING. You will love it, I promise! This is our 2nd time making it, and we couldn’t love it any more than we do.
This dish has so many things to offer, including being:
*Gluten-Free (duh, but just thought I’d reiterate it!)
*CHEAP!! Depending on what you already have on hand, it will cost around $5 for 4 people
*Full of protein!
*Under 300 calories per serving
1.5 cups of quinoa
2 red bell peppers
3 small jalapeno peppers
2 minced cloves of garlic
1 15 oz. can of black beans
1 15. oz can of coconut milk
1 cup of raisins
2 tbsp of coconut oil
1/2 tsp of salt
1 1/2 tsp of curry powder
dash of cayenne powder
dash of chili powder
1 cup of chopped cilantro
1/2 cup of chopped green onions
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Rinse the quinoa thoroughly and boil for 7-10 minutes.
3. In a large skillet (cast iron, preferably), cook the garlic in the coconut oil on medium heat. After a minute, add the red bell and jalapeno peppers, cayenne, curry powder and chili powder. Cook for 6 minutes.
4. Add the sauteed mixture to the quinoa in a separate mixing bowl.
5. Stir in the black beans, cilantro, raisins, coconut milk and salt.
6. Transfer the mixture to an 8×11 dish and cook for 30-40 minutes.
When it comes out of the oven, it will be ready to go!! Top with more garnishes if you prefer!
So YUMM. Now, you know what to do. Make this tonight and thank me later!
Recipe: Easy Pad Thai Quinoa Casserole
Vegan and Gluten-Free Banana Bread
Our FAVORITE Thai Curry Recipe
Vegan Gluten-Free Spinach Artichoke Pasta Recipe