Full disclosure alert– I had something else planned for today’s post.
Then, my husband went ahead and made dinner. IT WAS AMAZING. After we got done, I asked where he’d gotten the recipe, and he said, “I just made it up”.
What? Can you believe this guy? Makes the best and easiest dinner we’ve had this month, without a recipe of any kind?
And you know what, it wasn’t just me who thought so. Our foster boys, two of the pickiest kids I’ve ever met, LOVED it. One of them ate twice what Jesse and I did, and we had to cut him off or he might’ve kept going all night!
The best part about this recipe is that it’s cheap! I bought enough organic/locally grown drumstricks to feed SIX people for $9! I understand there are cheaper meals out there, but occasionally we like our meal to mainly comprise of meat.
Basically, this recipe is KICK-A. And it’s easy. Drop whatever else you were going to make for dinner tonight and try this out. You will thank me.
Honey Ginger Chicken
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
12 Chicken drumsticks (3/adult, 1/kid)
Sea Salt and Pepper
3 tbsp. Honey (we buy ours local for the beneficial pollen)
1 tbsp. Ginger (freshly grated)
1 tbsp. Olive Oil
1/4 cup Green Onions
1 tsp. Rice Vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Place thawed chickens into pyrex dishes.
3. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
4. Cook for 10 minutes while the sauce is assembled.
5. Combine olive oil, vinegar, ginger and onion in a small bowl. Add enough water so it’s just runny enough to pour.
6. Drizzle/spoon the mixture over the chicken and cook for another 25 minutes.
Our FAVORITE Thai Curry Recipe
Recipe: Easy Pad Thai Quinoa Casserole
$100/week Gluten Free Shopping at Trader Joe’s