I’m quite a fan of any hairstyle that looks good AND takes less than 10 minutes. This one is so easy, anyone can do it! All you need is shoulder length (or longer) hair, small elastics, bobby pins and an elastic headband.
1. Start with freshly washed hair for best results, or use dry shampoo to remove any extra oil near the scalp.
2. Place elastic band directly on top of the hair, pulling the hair tight underneath.
3. Starting on one side, grab a 1/2″ section of hair at the very front. Wrap it up and under the band, and let go. Repeat one more time with the next closest section of hair.
4. Repeat step 3 on the other side.
5. Returning to the side you started on, grab a 1/4″ section of hair and braid it all the way to the end. Secure with a tiny elastic.
6. Add the braid to another 1/4″ section of hair and wrap over and under the band.
7-8. Repeat steps 5 and 6 one more time.
9. Switch to the second side. Pull out another 1/4″ of hair and braid. Secure with a tiny elastic.
10. Wrap up and over the band and pull smooth.
11. Repeat steps 9-10. Both sides should be evenly close to the back of the head.
12. Keep wrapping sections up and over on each side until they meet in the middle.
13. There should be a remaining “ponytail” section of hair. Split into two.
14. Take the first section and tuck back up and over the original tucked in hairs on that side. Continue to tuck and roll until the hair is secure.
15. Repeat step 14 on the other section, tucking and rolling on the other side of the head.
16. Continue to tuck and roll until all the hair is secured. Use bobby pins for any flyaways or loose spots.
And you’re done! This look can be dressed up or down with whatever accessories you choose to put in. We found some winter berries for a more boho/forest look, but a pearl clip could definitely dress this up for an evening formal occasion.
Double Dutch Side Braid Tutorial
What I Wore Wednesday– Second Day Hair