Last night, we had an alumni basketball game. The first game was for the alumni girls (Jesse watched all 4 of our boys in the stands!), and since only 10 of us showed up, it was 5 on 5, the entire 40 minutes! No breaks!
Now, I know I’ve talked before about how much I love Blogilates, but as faithful as I am, those give me a strong core–NOT the ability to run nonstop up and down the court for nearly an hour!
HOLY MOLY. I was so sore and so winded, I thought I was going to die. My team kept joking that we weren’t looking to win, just to survive.
I tell you what, though. It was a ton of fun. For the first time in my life, I was able to put aside any competitive spirit and just let loose and have a blast. I didn’t even know that my team was up by 10 until the half. I definitely made stupid mistakes (the ball actually hit me in the face because I was looking into the stands to make sure my kids were okay, haha!). But I actually made 10 points! And I didn’t barf!
This is what I call a win.
In case you couldn’t tell, I’m #1, by the way. They had actually phased out my number by the time they made these newer uniforms, so I had to pick a random one (get it?).
Here are some highlights!
1. I swished both of my freethrows!
2. I kept trying to find the photographer and flash peace signs.
3. They announced us by our graduation year. I was the oldest year (2003), but not the oldest player, since I skipped a grade.
4. We ran around forEVER…
5. … we tried to catch a breath during free throws…
6. And we had a really good time resting once it was over!
We Are Old
all he does