BUSY day!

This morning, after teaching 3 hours of piano lessons (Jenny Folsom watched G, seeing as Jesse also had to work a few hours– she did a GREAT job!), I got caught in the worst traffic jam EVER. Major construction has been taking place on an interchange right near us– the same one that both Jesse and I need to traverse in order to get to our jobs.

The construction has now taken an agressive turn– they demolished an overpass today.

Only one of 3 lanes was open on the freeway. This interchange is where THREE FREEWAYS intersect. It’s also 1 mile away from DFW airport. It’s one of the busiest stretches of road in all of Dallas/Fort Worth, and that’s on a GOOD day.

Totally forgot to avoid it. Ever wish you could go back in time?

I was sitting in the parking lot that was the freeway for 1.5 hours!! Ick!

It got pretty entertaining, though. People were getting really really ugly, the longer they had to wait. Picture this– 2 miles of cars at an absolute stand still. Suddenly, one of them decides to dart into the shoulder and speed ahead of everyone…only to still be at a standstill for twenty minutes, just a hundred yards down, with everyone honking their horns at him. This became a regular enough occurrence that the shoulder just became an extra lane (again, NO ONE WAS MOVING, SO WHAT WAS THE POINT?). One mail truck became so sick of it, that when we DID move a few feet forward (I was getting a car-length/10 minutes), he moved INTO the shoulder, blocking it off completely. That didn’t stop angry drivers, no sir–ee! They just went into the median ditch, barely avoiding a collision with the wall. Others forged their own roads up steep grass hills on the other side of the freeway, hoping to join in with the busy 3 lane frontage road there. It was nuts!

Once I got through, I found solace in retail therapy at Plato’s Closet and Target. Didn’t spend much, but had a good time. That was when I realized that it had been 6 hours since I’d nursed G! I’d left plenty of pre-pumped milk for Jenny and Jesse to feed him, but I knew it was time to get home.

Luckily, when I arrived, Jesse and G were both taking an afternoon nap together. I decided not to wait and pumped over 8 ounces!! I was crazy full. Sorry, mommies out there know what I mean. Let me put it this way— when G woke up, he only needed half of that for his meal. The other half, I was able to store in our fridge for Jesse to feed him next week while I teach.

After I pumped and ate an ENTIRE box of mac and cheese (not too healthy…) I went to do our grocery shopping at Aldi. On the way home, I picked up some pictures I’d ordered at walgreens.com and filled the car up with gas.

Once I got home, I made myself eggs for dinner (healthy! yes!). Jesse and I then decided to take a walk with G around our complex. We loaded him into the stroller, and off we went!

After we got back, we put G to bed and I went running on the treadmill in the gym.

Now, I am FINALLY relaxing. Jesse is over at the Unruhs, smoking with Michael.

All in all, it was great getting out of the house for a day!

Related posts



Hail and Tornados!